Sustainability in our labs (wet/dry) is fast becoming recognized as an important issue that needs our attention.
Many actions are being taken across the world. From lab sustainability programmes, that are becoming widely used as steps to make changes on the lab floor, to institute declarations of a climate crisis which often aids in establishing dedicated time and money towards improving sustainability.
Below you can find some articles to give you some background info into what lab sustainability is all about.
Articles & Publications
• The implementation of LEAF at public research organisations in the biomedical sciences: a report on organisational dynamics – Green Labs NL
• Preaching water while drinking wine: Why universities must boost climate action now – One Earth
• We need to talk about sustainability – The Biologist
• How going green can raise cash for your lab – Nature
• How green is your science? The race to make laboratories sustainable – Nature
• How my lab went from 4,000 kg to 130 kg of waste a year – Nature
• Making Science Organizations Sustainable—The Mission of the Max Planck Sustainability Network – Frontiers
• Achieving sustainable transformation in science – green grassroots groups need nurturing from the top – Cell Science
• The Sustainability Argument for Open Science – Collabra Psychology
• The paradox of the life sciences – EMBO reports